The Dawsonera have been working with the RNIB to make improvements to accessibility of their eBook platform.
The following improvements will be launched today, 7th January, and there are more to come :
• Link text has been underlined in the following areas: footer, My Bookshelf and search results. This ensures that
the link conventions are consistent and clear.
• An increased contrast
been applied to the reader portal (excluding the online reader).
• Help pop-ups are now displayed on keyboard focus as well as mouse
• When ‘Skip links’ are in focus they are now
clearly displayed. When used, the user is navigated to the targeted
element where the keyboard focus is set, allowing users to seamlessly navigate.
• Checkboxes in the ‘refine search’ area are now more clearly
• Error messages encountered during login
and in the ’contact us’ forms have been improved from an
accessibility perspective in the HTML markup and the relevant focus set.
• The order of the links in the site header,
navigation and social area can now be tabbed through in a logical order
• Text can now be resized up to 200% without cropping and
can be applied to a number of forms, including Contact us, My Account and
• There is now the ability to allow dynamic content to be
when it changes.
• We have ensured that any pop-up notifications are clearly announced to the user. For
example, when downloading an ebook or when requesting a rental.
• Meaningful and intuitive text has been inserted
into the close button for pop-up windows.
Please do give us any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org