Over the coming weeks the JISC Historic Books service is moving to a new platform, with a new name, Historical Texts.
The new site will contain all of the same content, namely three major collections :
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) contains the scanned images, and full-text digital versions where available, of over 125,000 books published in English up to 1700.
- Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO) is a digital collection of more than 180,000 titles published in Great Britain and its colonies during the eighteenth century.
- Over 65,000 recently digitised first editions from the British Library's 19th century collection, comprising over 25 million pages of previously rare and inaccessible titles.
You will find the new Historical Texts service here http://historicaltexts.jisc.ac.uk/
- Note that this is currently in beta testing, and data is still being loaded
- This new service is scheduled to replace the old Historic Books service on 1st June, with the old service being switched off from 23rd June 2014
- For off campus access, select University of Salford (network username) from the list when prompted, and enter your network username and password
JISC Historic Books will remain available until 23rd June here http://www.jischistoricbooks.ac.uk/